Outside the Office
When not practicing law, Andrew enjoys Scuba Diving in the Puget Sound. He is a certified PADI Divemaster, which is the first stage of professional recreational diving instructors, and holds a specialty certification for wreck diving. Andrew is also a big fan of the Seahawks and Mariners.
Andrew Ackley is a dynamic attorney who fights relentlessly for his clients. Andrew’s practice focuses on complex liability claims, including wrongful death, products liability, premises liability, aquatic injuries, and serious injury auto accidents.
Andrew was born and raised in the Northwest. He attended the University of Oregon as an undergraduate, where he studied Political Science, Geological Science, Spanish, and French. After graduating with Phi Beta Kappa and magna cum laude honors, he attended the University of Washington School of Law.
Andrew is known for his grit and determination in uncovering the truth, wherever his investigation may lead. He has represented judges and pursued claims against lawyers for wrongdoing. Andrew’s relentlessness has led to substantial recoveries in complex cases, some of which are described below.
Andrew has been selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, a distinction reserved for no more than 2.5% of lawyers in Washington, six years in a row (2013-2018). He is an Eagle member of the Washington State Association for Justice and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Public Justice Foundation, and many other institutions. Andrew has been published both locally and internationally, and is regularly asked to speak at legal seminars and law schools regarding civil litigation and the practice of law. For more details about Andrew, please visit his personal website.
+ Awards & Recognitions
- Named as Washington State Rising Stars Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2013-2018
- Phi Beta Kappa graduation honors, University of Oregon, 2006
- C.Z. Smith Public Service Award Nominee, University of Washington School of Law, 2009
+ Memberships & Leadership
- Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ): Products Liability Section Chair, 2018 • Legislative Steering Committee Member, 2015 - present • Public Affairs Committee Member, 2011 - 2015 • New Member Committee Member, 2011 - 2014
- Yellow Wood Academy: Board of Directors, Chair 2017 - present
- Youth and Family Services Foundation: Board Member, 2010 - 2016
+ Articles & Publications
To view the article please click the 🔍 link, where applicable.
- Washington State Association for Justice, Trial News, “Excluding Wickizer and Partin,” 2018 🔍
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, Trial Lawyer, “The Nuts and Bolts of Social Media,” 2016
- Winning With Discovery Seminar, “Resisting and Compelling Discovery of Social Media,” 2015
- “What Judges Want You to Know About Social Media in Civil Litigation,” Chair 2015
- Anatomy and Physiology 101 for Attorneys Seminar, “Medical Exams and the Legal Process,” 2014
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, Trial Lawyer, "Protecting Your Client From Social Media Self-Destruction,” 2013
- Student Legal Services Wester United States Regional Meeting, “Cyber-Torts,” 2013
- Anatomy and Physiology 101 for Attorneys Seminar, “Medicine in Personal Injury” 2013
- UW Student Legal Services, “Insurance Claims and Tort Liability,” 2012
- Trial Revolution Seminar, “Direct Examination (Trial Techniques),” 2012
- “Social Media in Personal Injury Discovery” Webinar, 2012
- Motor Vehicle Accident Deskbook, 2009, The Jury Trial chapter contributor
- Journal of East Asia and International Law Self-Diagnosing Medical Malpractice, 2007, "How Japan’s Physician Self-Reporting Procedures Undermine Legal Deterrence and Medical Care" 🔍